Although many people attend church regularly, they never find joy.
Does this sound like you?
Maybe it is because you have not claimed salvation, which is deliverance from sin and its consequences by putting your faith in Jesus.
At the moment we claim salvation, the Bible says the Holy Spirit takes up residence inside us. One of the fruits the Holy Spirit brings is joy. (Galatians 5:22) So, if you are not experiencing joy, perhaps it is because you do not possess salvation.
So, lest you continue to experience joylessness, follow Paul’s directive in 2 Corinthians 13:5, “Examine yourself to see if you’re in the faith.”
How can you claim salvation?
- Admit you are a sinner. (Romans 3:23)
- Believe that the penalty for sin is death (separation) (Romans 6:23a)
- Spiritual death – temporary separation of the soul from God.
- Physical death – temporary separation of the soul from the body.
- Eternal death - permanent separation of the soul from God.
- Believe that you cannot do enough good things to avoid the penalty of death. (Ephesians 2:8,9)
- Believe that the only way to avoid the penalty of death is through Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:23b)
- Believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16)
- Declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. (Romans 10:9).
If you gave done these things, I believe you possess salvation, along with the Holy Spirit, which brings joy with it.