10 Inspiring Quotes On Coping With The Death Of A Loved One
1. "Our citizenship is in heaven."
-Philippians 3:20 (NIV)
2. "So we are always full of courage. We know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord's home. For our life is a matter of faith, not sight. We are full of courage and would much prefer to leave our home in the body and be at home with the Lord."
-2 Corinthians 5:68 (GNT)
3. "For what is life? To me, it is Christ. Death, then, will bring me more."
-Philippians 1:21 (GNT)
4. "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting"
-1 Corinthians 15:55 (ESV)
5. "You have made known to me the path of life. In your presence is fullness of joy, at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
-Psalm 16:11 (ESV)
6. "Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord. They will rest from their labor."
-Revelation 14:13 (NIV)
7. "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die, and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
-John 11:25 (NIV)
8. "God loved the world so much that he gave his only son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life."
-John 3:15 (GNT)
9. "The day of death is better than the day of the birth."
-Ecclesiastes 7:1 (NIV)
10. "But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
Therefore encourage one another with these words."
-1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (ESV)
For more inspiration, click