17 Quotes To Prevent Stress
1. "Stress is not what happens to us. It is our response to what happens to us. And response is something we can control."
2. "You don't have to worry or be stressed out. Stay in peace. God is directing your steps. He controls the universe."
3. "The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another."
4. "People are not disturbed by things, but by the views they take of them."
5. "Stress doesn't come from what's going on in your life. It comes from your thoughts about what's going on in your life."
6. "Only you can upset yourself about circumstances. Circumstances themselves, no matter how undesirable, can never upset you."
7. "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."
-John 14:27 (NIV)
8. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
9. "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy."
-Psalm 94:19 (NIV)
10. "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."
-Isaiah 26:3 (ESV)
11. "If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it. And you have the power to revoke this at any minute."
12. "Look within, get depressed.
Look around, get distressed.
Look to Jesus, find perfect peace."
13. "You may feel the stress of your struggle, but God is greater than your struggle."
14. "You are not a victim. You control your reactions. You do have a choice."
-Dr. Caroline Leaf
15. "75% of all doctor visits are for stress-related problems."
-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
16. "You cannot control the events of your life, but you can control your reaction."
-Dr. Caroline Leaf
17. "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."