18 Inspiring Quotes on Worry
1. "It takes the same amount of energy to worry as it does to believe."
2. "Anxiety is our agitated soul scrambling for control."
3. "No one can pray and worry at the same time. When we worry, we are not praying. When we pray, we are not worrying."
4. "Don't believe every worried thought that you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate."
5. "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."
6. "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[?"
7. "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it never gets you anywhere."
8. "Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear."
-Corrie Ten Boom
9. "Pray, and let God worry."
10. "We often can't see what God is doing in our lives, but God clearly sees the whole picture and his plan for us."
11. "Thinking about what you don't want to happen increases the odds that it will."
12. "Ain't no use putting up your umbrella til it rains."
-Alice Caldwell Rice
13. "Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway."
-Mary C. Crowley
14. "Worry is nothing less than the misuse of your imagination."
15. "Worry is a thin stream of of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained."
-Arthur Somers Roche
16. "You do not get stomach ulcers from what you eat. You get stomach ulcers from what is eating you."
-Dr. Joseph F. Montagne
17. "My life has been full of terrible misfortune most of which never happened."
18. "There isn't enough room in your mind for both worry and faith. You must decide which one will live there."