20 Inspiring Quotes on Joy
1. "Happiness is driven by your circumstances. Joy is experiencing peace and contentment day in and day out, regardless of your circumstances."
2. "I find joy in every day, not because life is always good, but because God is."
3. "The most profound evidence of the existence of Jesus is the joy in the lives of his followers."
4. "Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God."
-Pierre Telihard de Chardin
5. "A joyful heart is good medicine."
-Proverbs 17:22 (NASB)
6. "Joy is a contentment based on the assurance that God is in control of every circumstance in our life, and that he works every circumstance for good."
-Vernon L. Williams
7. "I choose joy...I refuse to see any problem as anything other than an opportunity to see God."
8. "Rejoice always."
"1 Thessalonians 5:16 (NIV)
9. "When our lives are filled with peace, faith and joy, people will want to know what we have."
10. "Joy is strength. "
11. "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
-Psalm 16:11 (ESV)
12. "If you have no joy, there’s a leak in your Christianity somewhere."
13. "Joy is distinctly a Christian word and a Christian thing. It is the reverse of happiness. Happiness is the result of what happens of an agreeable sort. Joy has its springs deep down inside. And that spring never runs dry, no matter what happens. Only Jesus gives that joy. He had joy, singing its music within, even under the shadow of the cross."
14. "It is His joy that remains in us that makes our joyful."
-A. B. Simpson
15. "Joy is not necessarily the absence of suffering, it is the presence of God."
16. "Happiness is untested delight. Joy is delight tested."
17. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness."
-Galations 5:22 (NIV)
18. "God has a plan for me and I'm going to follow in his footsteps and just rejoice and be happy."
19. "Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day."
-Henri J.M. Nouwen
20. "Sorrowful, yet always rejoicing."
-2 Corinthians 6:10 (ESV)