21 Quotes for Breaking Free From Your Past
1. "You're not defined by your past, you're prepared by it."
2. "Never be a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future."
3. "If you don't leave your past in the past, it will destroy your future. Live for what today has to offer, not what yesterday has taken away."
4. "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose."
-President Lyndon B. Johnson
5. "You've go to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old - whatever "the old" means to you."
-Sarah Ban Breathnach
6. "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 3:13-14 (NIV)
7. "Sooner or later, we've all got to let go of our past."
8. "If only". These must be the saddest words in the world."
9. "My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me. It has only strengthened me."
10. "Our past may explain why we're suffering, but we must not use it as an excuse to stay in bondage."
11. "Regret is counterproductive. It's looking back on a past that you can't change."
12. "What's done, is done."
13. "Don't let what's behind you make you miss what's before you."
14. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God,which is why we call it the present."
15. "Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We only have today. Let us begin."
16. "As far as the east is from the west, so far does he removes our sins from us."
-Psalm 103:12 (GNT)
17. "We are products of our past, but we don't have to be prisoners."
18. "The past can't hurt you anymore, not unless you let it."
19. "Why don't you focus on where you're going and less on where you came from?"
20. "Everything that is past is either a learning experience to grow from, a beautiful memory to reflect on, or a motivating factor to act upon."
21. "Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."