44 Inspiring Quotes On Forgiveness
1. "Forgiveness doesn't make the situation ok. It makes you ok."
2. "Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free, and realizing that you were the prisoner."
3. "Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies."
4. "Forgiveness is the oil of relationships."
5. "Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got."
6. "Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."
"Colossians 3:13 (NIV)
7. "If you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sin, your heavenly father will not forgive your sins."
-Matthew 6:14-15 (NIV)
8. "We are not perfect, forgive others as you would want to be forgiven."
9. "Don't ever underestimate the power of forgiveness. I've seen it free people. I've seen it lift burdens that had weighed them down and kept them from moving on.
10. "Forgiveness can make a marriage whole again."
11 "The hardest thing in life is to forgive. But hate is self-destructive. If you hate somebody you're not hurting the person you hate, you're hurting yourself. Forgiveness is healing."
12. "Though I was unaware of it at the time, that simple act of forgiveness was the beginning of an entirely new level of experiencing life for me."
13."One of the most famous quotes of forgiveness is found in the Bible (KJV) in Luke 23:34, which reads, 'Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.'
14. "When we finally repent of our sin and forgive those who have hurt us - as God calls us to do over and over again in his Word - then the light of God shines like a bright, healing beam in our hearts and clears the vision of God before us."
-Matt Brown |
15. "When someone has wronged you, you need to find forgiveness for them and pray for them."
16. "Forgiveness should start now. Putting off forgiving only deepens the wound. Clinging to bitterness postpones happiness. Life is short, time is fleeting. Today is the day to forgive."
17. "God's forgiveness and grace is bigger than anything wrong you've ever done or will do."
18. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you."
-C. S. Lewis
19. "God has forgiven you many times for little and big things. You need to do the same and forgive others."
-Lisa Rusczyk Ed.D.
20. "Forgiveness is a powerful thing. It doesn't change what has happened; it changes what is to come."
21. "Life is so short. Grudges are a waste of time. Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and trust God with what you cannot change."
22. "You cannot change the actions which led you to your situation now, but you can control your actions and thoughts as you move forward. It's important to forgive, and let go."
23. "Forgiving other people who have wronged us or hurt us or embarrassed us is not easy. In fact, sometimes it seems impossible. But that is what God did for us and what He asks us to do for others."
24. "Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it."
-1 Peter 3:9 (NLT)
25. "Forgive, huge command the Lord has given us. Drops of unforgiveness will cloud our relationship with the Father." -
26. "Forgiveness takes willingness, even a determination, a decision if you will.
27. "Unforgiveness is like having weeds in the garden of our soul. Weeds grow and reproduce until an entire garden is destroyed. If you want a garden of love, joy, and peace in your heart, you must get rid of all the weeds.
-Patricia Partney Dascher
28. "Every one says forgiveness is a lovely idea, until they have something to forgive."
-C. S. Lewis
29. "We may not know how to forgive, and we may not want to forgive; but the very fact we say we are willing to forgive begins the healing practice."
30. "Once you realize we're all equally capable of doing wonderful or horrible things to those we love, it's easier to plant that seed of forgiveness and allow it to start growing."
31. "Chances are someone has hurt you really bad and the only way you will be free from the anger is to forgive them."
32. "Forgiveness is the key which unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hatred. It breaks the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness."
-Corrie Ten Boom
33. "Forgiveness is the economy of the heart. Forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred and the waste of spirits."
34. "I can forgive but I cannot forget" is only another way of saying I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like cancelled note - torn in two, burned up, so that it can never be shown against one."
-Henry Ward Beecher
35. "Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven us."
36. "We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power of love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies."
Dr. Martin Luther King
37. "Forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say they're sorry and an even stronger person to forgive."
38. "When you forgive, you in no way change the past - but you sure do change the future."
39. "When a deep injury is done to us, we never heal until we forgive."
40. "Forgiveness is a choice, but it is not an option."
41. "Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a permanent attitude."
-Dr. Martin Luther King
42. "I forgive myself and set myself free."
43. "Forgive. Forget. Bear with the faults of others as you would have them bear with yours."
44. "Forgiveness is not always easy. At times it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one who inflicted it. Yet, there is no peace without forgiveness."