6 Critical Steps to Joy: A Life-Changing Decision
Some people attend church regularly, yet never experience joy.
Does this sound like you?
Maybe it is because you are not saved, which is deliverance from sin and its consequences by putting your faith in Jesus.
At the moment we are saved, the Bible says the Holy Spirit takes up residence inside us. One of the fruits the Holy Spirit brings is joy. (Galatians 5:22)
So, if you are not experiencing joy, perhaps it is because you are not saved.
So, lest you continue to experience joylessness, follow Paul’s directive in 2 Corinthians 13:5, “Examine yourself to see if you’re in the faith.”
How can you make sure you are saved?
1. Admit you are a sinner. (Romans 3:23)
2. Believe that the penalty for sin is death (separation). (Romans 6:23a)
- Spiritual death – temporary separation of the soul from God.
- Physical death – temporary separation of the soul from the body.
- Eternal death - permanent separation of the soul from God.
3. Believe that you cannot do enough good things to avoid the penalty of death. (Ephesians 2:8,9)
4. Believe that the only way to avoid the penalty of death is through Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:23b)
5. Believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins. (John 3:16)
6. Declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. (Romans 10:9)
If you have done these things, I believe you are saved, assuring that you have joy and that you will go to heaven when you die.
Click https://www.vernonlwilliams.com/collections/books/products/rejoice-series for more inspiration.