Find Contentment: 20 Quotes For Success
1. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
-2 Corinthians 12:9 (ESV)
2. "Godliness with contentment is great gain. We brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.."
-1 Timothy 6:6-8 (ESV)
3. "The fear of the Lord leads to life; and whoever has it rests satisfied, and he will not be visited by harm."
-Proverbs 19:23 (ESV)
4. "Peace of mind makes the body healthy, but jealousy is like a cancer."
-Proverbs 14:30 (GNT)
5. "A harvest of peace is produced from a seed of contentment."
6. "Contentment makes poor men rich, discontent makes rich men poor."
7. "God, you made us for yourself, and our hearts are restless til they find their rest in you."
8. "I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."
9. "We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction."
10. "If the sun of God's countenance shine upon me, I am content to be wet with the rain of affliction."
11. "Real contentment must come from within. We cannot change or control the world around us, but we can change and control the world within us."
12. "I know what it is be in need and what it is to have more than enough. I have learned this secret, so that anywhere, at any time, I am content, whether I am full or hungry, whether I have too much or too little."
-Philippians 4:12 (GNT)
13. "Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have, because God said "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
-Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)
14. "Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice."
-Proverbs 16:8 (NIV)
15. "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions."
-Luke 12:14 (NIV)
16. "Lord, show us the father and that will be enough for us."
-John 14:8 (NIV)
17. "If you believe for a moment that you own a single possession, your contentment will be tied to it."
18. "Oh, what a happy soul am I,
Although I cannot see,
I am resolved that in this world
Contented I will be"
19. "If the sun of God's countenance shine upon me, I am content to be wet with the rain of affliction."
20. "The antidote for covetousness is contentment. The two are in opposition. Whereas the covetous, greedy person worships himself, the contented person worships God. Contentment comes from trusting God."