Replace Unhappiness With Joy: 29 Inspiring Quotes
1. "Happiness is driven by your circumstances. Joy is experiencing peace and contentment day in and day out, regardless of your circumstances."
2. "I find joy in every day, not because life is always good, but because God is."
3. "The most profound evidence of the existence of Jesus is the joy in the lives of his followers."
4. "Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God."
-Pierre Telihard de Chardin
5. "A joyful heart is good medicine."
-Proverbs 17:22 (NASB)
6. "Joy is a contentment based on the assurance that God is in control of every circumstance in our life, and that he works every circumstance for our good."
-Vernon L. Williams
7. "I choose joy...I refuse to see any problem as anything other than an opportunity to see God."
8. "Rejoice always."
"1 Thessalonians 5:16 (NIV)
9. "Joy is the serious business of Heaven."
10. "The Lord gives his people perpetual joy when they walk in obedience to him."
-Dwight L. Moody
11. "For seven days you shall keep the feast to the Lord your God at the place that the Lord will choose, because the Lord your God will bless you in all your produce and in all the work of your hands, so that you will be altogether joyful."
-Deuteronomy 16:15 (ESV)
12. "When our lives are filled with peace, faith and joy, people will want to know what we have."
13. "I was delivered from the burden that had so heavily suppressed me. The spirit of mourning was taken from me, and I knew what it was to truly rejoice in God my Savior."
14. "Joy, not grit, is the hallmark of holy obedience. We need to be light-hearted in what we do to avoid taking ourselves too seriously. It is a cheerful revolt against self and pride."
-Richard J. Foster
15. "To pursue joy is to lose it. The only way to get it is to follow steadily the path of duty, without thinking of joy, and then, like sheep, it comes most surely unsought, and we “being in the way,” the angel of God, bright-haired joy, is sure to meet us."
16. "Joy is strength. "
17. "The only lasting and fully satisfying joys for any man lie on the other side of a cross."
-Walter J. Chantry
18. "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
-Psalm 16:11 (ESV)
19. "If you have no joy, there’s a leak in your Christianity somewhere."
20. "The very nature of Joy makes nonsense of our common distinction between having and wanting."
21. "Joy is distinctly a Christian word and a Christian thing. It is the reverse of happiness. Happiness is the result of what happens of an agreeable sort. Joy has its springs deep down inside. And that spring never runs dry, no matter what happens. Only Jesus gives that joy. He had joy, singing its music within, even under the shadow of the cross."
22. "It is His joy that remains in us that makes our joyful."
-A. B. Simpson
23. "Joy is not necessarily the absence of suffering, it is the presence of God."
24. "For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. ".
-Psalm 30:5 (ESV)
25. "Happiness is untested delight. Joy is delight tested."
26. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness."
-Galations 5:22 (NIV)
27. "God has a plan for me and I'm going to follow in his footsteps and just rejoice and be happy."
28. "Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day."
-Henri J.M. Nouwen
29. "Sorrowful, yet always rejoicing."
-2 Corinthians 6:10 (ESV)